Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Friday, April 14, 2006

I've been reprimanded

I hear it's no longer Paczki day. Although I have to admit that I could really go for somthing like that right now.

I saw this on one of the message boards that I post on. The top 15 skylines in the world. We're #2! Were #2! I think the picture of Shanghai looks like a science fiction book cover. I must say that I am really surprised of all the skylines in the east, I thought the US had cornered the market on skylines, yep, we have our fair share but all of those are really impressive.

It is 10:48 pm and it is 71 degrees downtown tonight. Yep spring has definately sprung. Things to do are coming out of the woodwork. Art Chicago is right around the corner.

There are some really great shows coming up at Ravinia this year. I would love to see Tom Jones and Etta James on July 16th, Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo on June 23 or June 24th. Steve Miller Band on July 18th. Tickets go on sale on Thursday, I'll have to see if I can find someone who wants to go see some of these shows.

They've announced the movies in the park. Ferris Bueller is on the list. Pulling up a chair and a bottle of wine, hopefully every week.

Taste of Chicago announced their line-up. I'll probably go down and see JoDee Messina.

Another wine drinking festivity fast approaching (I'm starting to see a pattern to my favorite Chicago events) the Grant Park Music Festival, which is actually held in Millenium Park.

Maybe we'll get some more information about this one soon.

I'm off to find more stuff to do!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home