Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I am glad, I swear

I don't have one of these, but it cracked me up when I saw it on my google page.

My old roommate used to on occasion call me Pollyanna. You remember her, she played the Glad Game. She would take the grimest of situations and find something in it to be glad about. Well, I happened to stumble upon the hometown of the author who created the world's most optimistic character. Eleanor Hodgman Porter grew up in Littleton, New Hampshire. And how you ask, do you happen to stumble across something so incredibly interesting. Well, I was watching one of my favorite shows, Unwrapped on the Food Network. They had on show about a store that is the Guiness Book of World Record's holder for the longest candy counter. 112 feet to be exact and they say they have tons of old time candy for sale there. The place, fittingly enough, is in Littleton and is called Chutters. Okay, can you plan a vacation around candy and Pollyanna? Look how pretty it is. I wonder if Southwest flies to Littleton.

Look a free library, and Pollyanna is there. Wait a minute, all libraries are free. Well, you don't have to leave your house, who wants to go outside anyway. (That doesn't sound very glad to me...?)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous patti in ontario said…

    It's a very pretty town. It has chocolate, seafood & booze. hmmmmmmm think a holiday could be planned around that........lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home