Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Friday, January 20, 2006

Oh how I love to reminisce

That is what I should have named my blog, reminicing...Did you ever see a picture of something that you remember from your past with such fond memories that it puts a gigantic grin on your face? That very thing happened to me just last night as I was paging through the Vermont Country Store Catalog. I posted about them a little while back they are the purveyors of the practical and hard-to-find. Drum roll please... Here it is...the good mood maker. You should have seen this thing by the time I got through with it. It's ears were gone. The banana was no longer yellow, I written something on his gym shoes, it was probably "Paula loves Chucky." I remember waking up in the middle of the night and running to my mother in tears that we had to go to the hospital because my monkey's ear had fallen off.
This was fun to see too. You remember Family Affair. That was Buffy's doll, Mrs. Beasley.
I had one of these too. and my rotten brother stuck bubble gum on the doll that snapped on the top of it. He also hung my sister's Dancing Ballerina doll by the neck with a noose he made from the belt of his robe. Happy Birthday little brother.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous banker said…

    Oh my, I still have my Mrs. Beasley doll. But she doesn't talk anymore.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    I still have a little rubber doll that squeak hense her name "Squeaky" from when I was a little girl. I also have my first baby rattle. It has a ring on it that goes on your thumb and it has an angel rattle on it. I think this is where my angel obsession must have started.

    My brothers were real big on etch-a-sketch. We had woodburning kits and chemistry sets as well. Talk about stink bombs. What were our parents thinking????

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, I have one also: My stuffed poodle dog named Trixie. Trixie had a broken neck. I mean, his neck fell over because, after so many years, the neck part was so thin after the stuffing inside got matted, that his head just fell over. But I loved him anyway. His "fur" was matted, too. Trixie was yellowish green, and he wore a plaid beret. I loved him! Tall Karen

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, and then there was my hair salon doll with the long hair, a fake hair dryer and rollers. My little sister decided to put makeup on her face one day and "do" her hair....when I cleaned it off and comb her out, her eyelashes and some hair came out, creating bald patches. She was still beautiful to me, but I knew my sister was just jealous that she was mine and that I loved her, and could play with her hair.
    Tall Karen

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    I can't believe you guys still have your favorites. I think, my monkey, happy was his name probably smelled from the fire we had and I got rid of it. I totally have to buy that monkey again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home