Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Saturday, January 07, 2006

I cleaned my house for those assholes

I love this shirt, I have got to get one. I couldn't have said it better myself. It makes me sad.

Well, my dream is over, I hate those cable assholes. They never showed up! When I called to see where they were - they outright lied and said they had been there and no one answered. Malarcky! Why don't we have more than one service to pick from? You can be whatever asshole you want to be, if you are the only one to pick from. Jackass Comcast.

I was reading my copy of Time Out and I was shocked to find that Trader Vic's in the Palmer House closed on New Year's Day. Home of the original Mai Tai, gone.

Berghoff's is closing as well. Why not just board up all of Chicago. All these historic very cool places are closing when we could close Comcast instead.

Happy Birthday Laura.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Laura said…

    Thanks for the Birthday wishes Paula. But this list of Jan 8 historical happenings is missing the birth of the King.

    Happy B-day Elvis!! Where ever you are.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    Elvis and you are the most important events of the day, how could they not mention that!

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, Comcast is coming to my house. I have learned to secret to getting service: You have to state that you have a medical emergency. I told 'em that I was on Kidney Dialysis at home. However, I think someone leaked (no pun intended) this excuse, cuz ya know what the customer rep scheduling the tech said? You guessed it: "Yes, so am I."
    Tall Karen

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Laura u share your birthday with one of my all time fav's Elvis. I hope u had a great time celebrating.

    I hate it when a company says we will be there between 9 - 5 on such and such a day. Seldom they show till after 5 or call after then to say they can't make it.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Fiona McCaffrey said…

    What about the Marshall Field's flagship store on South State Street? That'll be Macy's by this summer. Unbelievable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home