Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Sunday, September 18, 2005

What is all the hype about?





Went to see CATS last night. I know, I'm a little behind the times, it is the 25th anniversary show but I never got around to seeing it before. I really didn't know too much about the show. A friend of mine Sue who is a Broadway fanatic tried to tell me that I wouldn't like it. I'm really not too impressed with the the Tony pics and Broadway reviewers. This show won gobs of awards and was the longest running show on Broadway. But why?

Then a show that I really liked, Lennon the Musical is slated to close next week due to poor reviews. I got a recommendation for Billy Crystal in 700 Sundays, also a Tony winner, which I bought tickets for. I wonder....

Just got back from a wonderful afternoon at the Art Institute. They have a fabulous Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit.


They had some other artists that were part of the exhibit from the same area, loved this lithograph by Theophile-Alexandre Steinlen, thinking about getting a copy for my living room.



They also had several pieces from Van Gogh and Degas that were part of the exhibit. (Kristin you would really like this exhibit). We did the audio tour which I'm glad I did because it explained all about Lautrec's life, Montmartre, the area in Paris with the famous night club the Moulin Rouge and the famous dancers that are depicted in so many of Lautrec's paintings and posters.



My souvenirs included the book from the exhibit, someday I will need my own library, a CD featuring music from the Moulin Rouge and copy of the 1952 movie Moulin Rouge starring Zsa Zsa Gabor.

We finished up a great afternoon dining outside in the Garden Restaurant . The setting is so nice, the weather was perfect and the food was great.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,
    I have that Cat print, hanging in my stairwell!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey,
    I have that Cat print, hanging in my stairwell!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Kristin said…

    I really like the cat print. It kinda looks like a Marlene Dietrich print I have. Similar color scheme and Marlene looks really cat like! And who is it making all the deletion-worthy comments?? Enjoy the baloons!!

     
  • At 2:39 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    yeah CATS sucked, I really expected alot more. I've been getting spammed. That is why I added that word verification thing below. Let's see if it helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home