Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Happy Birth Day Madeline

Announcing the cutest baby girl in the world, Madeline Rose - Congrats Kristine and Doug! Only 20 years, 360 days before her first trip to Vegas! I'm sure we will have lots of fun with Madeline. I'm not sure but I think I heard Doug trying to teach Madeline to say, "Auntie Paula will you wipe me?"



I didn't get to see Madeline on the day she was born because I was visiting the Museum of Science and Industry. The building in 1983 was known as the Palace of Fine Arts was built for the 1893 World's fair in Chicago. It is the only building remaining from the White City. I know it looks a little more like Oz here but I'm sure that has more to do with my camera and the fact that we were zooming by in my friend Amy's new Saab convertible. I wonder if she offered to drive because she was embarrassed by my 1995 Probe.

Posted by Hello

We went there to see a traveling exhibit called Body Worlds. They didn't let you take pictures inside the exhibit. Check out the website though and see what its all about, it was pretty cool.

There is a permanent exhibit at the museum, it's a little hard to find, it's in the blue stairwell. Its been there since 1946 and it's pretty cool too. It consists of about two dozen 1/2 inch slices of human bodies encased in formaldehyde. Here is a pic below, you can see his brain and spine and other organs, next to each slice there is a diagram so you can tell what you're looking at.





Another exhibit we saw was the U-505, a German sub captured during WWII off the coast of Africa. It has been there for a while but the recently built an indoor hall to move the sub into. The exhibit is huge.


Posted by Hello



Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    Welcome to the world Madeline. You are a very lucky little girl as you have wonderful parents and a very special "Auntie Paula" who is going to spoil u rotten every chance she gets.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting exibit.
    Hey I've been in that probe & didn't duck and hide...lol

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    whoops it said I was anonymous
    my error

     

Post a Comment

<< Home