Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Your assignment is to go see Crash

Couple of things to remember. On this day, back in 1998, Ol' Blue Eyes passed away at age 82. Frank Sinatra, a wonderful singer and more importantly a member of the Rat Pack, who of course spent a great deal of time performing in my favorite time off destination. Take the Frank Sinatra quiz, click on the answer and see an explanation in the box below.

The other thing to think back and remember was Skylab, back in 1973 the first space station was launched into space. In the words of Blood, Sweat and Tears: What goes up must come down. Remember, reports of Skylab falling to the Earth? I was sure it was land on my head! I remember Steve Dahl the DJ on the Loop at the time, did a parody song called Skylab, but I can't find it anywhere.

Remember that song shaving cream? It was better than Skylab...They used to play it on Dr. Demento.

I can't pass up a single thing. I want to go to this concert sooooo bad, but I just got back from there.

I just got back from seeing the movie Crash. It's about different races and the relationships between them. I laughed and I cried. I don't believe I have ever seen a more thought provoking movie in my life. A big thumbs up for Crash! Everyone should see this movie.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Kim said…

    Great post, it brought back a lot of memories. I can't believe it's been that long since Ole' Blue Eyes died! Wow, where has the time gone?

    Shaving cream, I had forgotten all about that song!

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous patti in ontario said…

    I didn't realize he had been gone that long either.
    I bookmarked the oldies site to go back and check out later on. U know how much I don't ;) enjoy music....lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home