Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Friday, May 06, 2005

The Titanic of the Sky

Today is the anniversary of the Hindenburg disaster, it happened back in 1937 in Lakehurst, New Jersey. I remember hearing the recording of Herb Morrison describing the disaster back a million years ago when I was in junior high school. Click on the Herb Morrison reporting link under the title to hear for yourself. The only part I remember is "Oh the humanity." I didn't realize he was a reporter from WLS here in Chicago.

Today is a lovely day in Chicago. It was a wonderful night to have dinner with friends outside at Bice. After dinner we went to Borders and sat in the coffee shop to continue our chat. Then a leisurely stroll home down Michigan Avenue enjoying the moderate temperature and the tulips in the garden spots along the way. Found this site with lots of Chicago pictures, about 7 down from the top are some of the tulips along the Magnificent Mile.

Don't you just love the internet? I got a post today from Hudson who lives in Africa. Isn't it wonderful that you can connect so easily with someone so far away!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous patti in ontario said…

    great pics!
    I reconize some of the places from when I was there.
    Another new friend. Isn't the internet great. I know I would be lost without it as that's how I keep in touch with u. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home