Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Some new finds

I'm trying something new - Podcasts. Basically, its like a radio show or audio blog that you can download and play on your PC or mp3 player and they have a blog for show notes. It's pretty easy to figure out. You download a program called ipodder, install it, then you search for and subscribe to podcasts, pick an audio file to download and voila, you're in business! There are a couple sites I found to look for podcasts - Podcast Alley and Podcast.net. There are tons of podcasts out there. I found an entertaining podcast called The Whip Report, which is like a short radio show, complete with great sound effects. I also found a great music podcast called The Nashville Nobody Knows that spotlights independent musicians. There is a podcast covering various Las Vegas topics called Five Hundy by Midnight. He posts on the same message board I do. Been having some fun exploring.

Saw this on Oprah, body lotion called Touch Me Then Try To Leave. What a great name for a product! Why can't I come up with stuff like that.

My friend Amy told me about a great newsletter called The Juice for wine tastings sent by Local Wine Events. It's not just for Chicago they have listings from all over. It has the Australian tasting that we are going to go to next week as one of it's listings. I signed up for Chicago and Las Vegas.

My friends Kristine and Doug and found a great restaurant that we went to this weekend out in Lincolnwood called L. Woods. It was like a trip to northern Wisconsin. They have a really good Spinach salad there and their creamed spinach was great too.


I know its seems like I was a little heavy on the spinach that day but I also had a steak. They have Sprecher Beer and Soda on tap.

Sprecherfest 2005 is coming up July 22-23, I went to that a couple years ago, they make a great dark lager there, too bad I'm already going to Ravinia to see Abba: the music that weekend. Ravinia is very cool, you pack a picnic and some wine, grab some lawn seats and enjoy. Some people really do it up and bring practically their whole living room, candelabra and all.

I didn't find this but I wish that I did.
I'm pretty sure this guy could have found a better way!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Norm said…

    It sounds like I would like L. Woods a lot!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too Funny, I clicked the local wine events and for West Texas is has (0). I knew it was dry out here. Banker

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Five Hundy said…

    Thanks for plugging my podcast! I'm glad you like it and are finding a bunch of shows you enjoy.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Vince said…

    I want to go to Ravinia!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home