Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Monday, May 02, 2005

I'm home!

I'm back from Nashville! The weather was crappy but it was still fun. Here are the results of the marathon. My friend Laura finished the race with a great time 4:02:30, she came in 1167th place, 288th in her gender.
I know she will not finish running marathons until she's qualified and run in the Boston Marathon. She needs a time of 3:50 to qualify. I slept in while Laura got up at 3:30am to get ready for the race. I got up around 8 and rushed down to the 26 mile marker so I could see the finish of the race. There were a couple of interesting runners, such as this fellow in the tutu.



I got so excited when I saw Laura coming up to mile 26 that I didn't get a picture of her till she was past me, but here she is after the end, I have to say I would look much worse if I ran 26.2 miles!


Here is the medal that she got for finishing the race.



She cleans up nice too. Here she is having a beer at the Big River Grille. By the way they have a great Stout at the Big River Grille. Yummy!



I've been to Nashville many times. This is the first time that I stopped by to see the life size replica of the Parthenon, originally built to celebrate the Tennessee Centennial Exposition in 1897, 100 years of statehood. It was awesome!



And inside, a statue of Athena. By their estimates Athena wears a size 177 sandal. Yep, she's pretty big.



All over Nashville, they have these huge painted guitars similar to the painted cows we had in Chicago a couple years ago.





One day we went to Robert's Western World to see the local bands. This was a great band, except I forgot what their name was.


Posted by Hello

So, this looks like fun. This guy is looking for a committed relationship. (who isn't?) And...he is going to travel around the world for 6 months with that person and he's paying the way. I really think my friend tall Karen should try, I sent her an email about it, we'll see what she thinks. I hope she wants to make the video and send it to him.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WELCOME HOME!!!
    GREAT PICS :)

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    Didn't realize I was in the witness protection program....lol I wonder why it said I was anonymous!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home