Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Monday, May 09, 2005

Ever heard of Su Doku?

Here is a puzzle called Su Doku that apparently is all the rage in the UK. You fill in every row, column and 3x3 square with the numbers 1-9. If you finish that one, here are more. Or, if you can't finish the first one here is the answer. Monday is supposed to be the easiest so that is the one I linked to. They get harder each day of the week.

I just want you to know that I'm still not watching American Idol, I still think Bo Bice is hot, and I called it that he would win and he's still in it, he's in the final four. I told my boss today that I thought Bo was hot and he looked at me like I was out of my mind. He said he's missing teeth and he's grungy. Is he missing teeth?

File this under the category of totally useless: Suppose you are out in the country, because there are no cricket noises in the city that I can hear anyway, and you've lost your thermometer. According to Weather Bug, nature provides us with a lot of clues about the current or future weather. Pioneers, sailors and farmers depended on these clues to help them survive and created the weather folklore we know today including calculating the current temperature by cricket chirps.
So, the next time you are outdoors in an area where there are crickets, use the following "equation" to figure out what the temperature is: Count the number of cricket chirps in 15 seconds, then add 39 degrees.

I bet there is no burping either.

I've been having trouble making a decision. Do you think a good way to choose a path is to go eeny, meaney, miny moe....

When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil.--Max Lerner, 1902-1992

3 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Kristin said…

    Su Doku?? Absolutely fiendish!!!And my decision was to not read that whole article on decision making! Where do you find this stuff? Keep it coming, though. Saves me alot of web-surfing time!!

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Paula said…

    Yeah, I didn't read the whole article either, I just never heard of Max Lerner before. I got through about the second paragraph and then I skimmed the titles of the rest.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bO biCE IS HOT AND I HOPE HE WINS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home