Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Obviously there wasn't a good coffee cake to appear in that day


virgin mary? Posted by Hello

In honor of Sunday, I wanted to pay my respects to Our Lady of the Underpass. This is making big news here in Chicago. Check out the pics on this post from the M.I.L.F. Diaries. The title of this post is actually a quote from Code Three.

Dwight Yoakam has a new cd coming out on June 14th. Its called Blame the Vain. You can hear a clip of each song here. Hmmmm...maybe he'll play at the Country Music Fest at the Taste of Chicago this year since he'll be on tour.

The world's top 50 restaurants according to Restaurant Magazine. Number 14, Charlie Trotter's is right here in Chicago. I have never eaten at Charlie Trotters. I probably will not because I spent all my money at the most expensive lunch in history at the newly opened Morton's Steakhouse. Don't go there until you win the lottery.

My favorite restaurants in Chicago are :
1)1492 Tapas
Have the lamb chops, garlic sauteed artichokes and strawberries in wine.

2) Cornelia's
Have the pumpkin soup and the Tuscan Steak or the pork chops and vanilla infused vodka. Don't try and substitute there, they chop your fingers off just for asking, oh, and go on a nice day and eat outside.

3)Grand Lux Cafe
Have a vanilla bean martini, Crispy Caramel Chicken (enough for two) and for dessert beignets (which you have to order at the same time as your dinner for some reason). Last summer when my friend Patti from Ontario came to Chicago we went there and I watched her and Laura #2 eat beignets, because they aren't low carb.

Patti and Laura at the Grand Lux Posted by Hello

Grand Lux has good breakfasts too, I always drool over my friends french toast with strawberries but I take the low carb route and get the luncheon omelet, it comes with a salad. You can get a side of sausage but only on the weekend, what is up with that? Also, don't get hungry for breakfast too early because they don't open until 10am on the weekend and 11 on the weekdays. Oh, and they also have a great dish of fresh berries.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    they were soooooooooo good
    can't wait till I can come back for more :)

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    Charlie Trotters? Hmm... I did go to Spiaggia for a friend's birthday party, and was distinctly unimpressed. Maybe it wasn't so good because of the large group? I guess I would have picked Arun's. Interesting that there were so many restaurants in Spain on the list! It look liked equal to or greater than France.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home