Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Going to a Marathon - be back in a couple days






Posted by Hello
These are from the Chicago Marathon this last October. It was a great day and the first time I experienced the marathon up close. My friend Laura #2, from the eating beignets post a couple days ago, has run in several marathons. I am going with her to Nashville to support her in her run in the Country Music Marathon and of course I get to visit one of my favorite cities and I don't have to go to work for a couple days. We are leaving tomorrow and the weather looks to be kinda crappy, but I'm going to ignore that until I get struck by lightning. And, there was supposed to be a Sara Evans concert afterward, but while I wasn't looking they changed the headliner to Phil Vassar. I 'm going to ignore that until I figure out what he sings. And look at the bottom of that entertainment page, an evil plot to get me to walk 26 miles. They are going to have bands playing at various spots along the path of the run.

The race starts in Centennial Park, I'm finally going to get to see the Parthenon. I know, but if I can go to see the Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas I can see the Parthenon in Nashville.

I'm hoping to get over to the Country Music Hall of Fame. I may have to knock Laura over the head and drag her there or ditch her because its not her favorite place. There is an inductee ceremony on Sunday where some of the members including Garth Brooks, Vince Gill, Trisha Yearwood will be walking down the red carpet. Laura doesn't know it yet but I'm forcing her to go, our flight doesn't leave until 8:25pm and they are arriving at 4:30. I think we'll have time.

There are a couple places we go and watch the local bands play, the world famous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge "Come on in for a holler and swaller and don't forget to tip the band a dollar." I love that bar. The other place we like is Robert's Western World. Hopefully I can get Laura to sit still long enough to catch a few bands. Hopefully we can pop in at the Wildhorse Saloon too. I love that town. Yee haw! See ya all on Sunday.

Vince, have a great time in Chicago, wish I was here to meet you in person. Have a wonderful time at the Erasure concert!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Vince said…

    YAY! I leave tomorrow! Next time I'm in town, we're going to check out some of your favorite places!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous pattiinontario said…

    Good Luck Laura!!

    Have a blast. Wish I was going with u. MAke sure u dance your bootie off.......lol

    Missing u already :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home