Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lots of People

Phew.....what a relief! In May 2006, King Tut returns to Chicago for a visit at the Field Museum. King Tut was a big draw back on his original visit in 1977. I went and I remember waiting in line a very long time. His visit led to Steve Martin writing a song about him.
If you go the the Field Museum you can visit my friends Jackie and Sue. The exhibit displays many of Jackie's outfits and there are plenty of videos that showcase her life. Jackie is the mom of a very beatutiful man , (yes I loved looking at him). He was even cute as a boy. I took the pics of Sue below on my last visit.



Sue at the Field

You can't really read the sign, but it says that she is 42 feet long, weighed 7 tons when alive, she was found at the Hell Creek Formation in South Dakota on August 12, 1990, her sex is unknown, and that she was named after the person who found her, Susan Hendrickson.

Stuff about Sue

Here is the view from the second floor.

Sue from the second floor

The head on Sue is manmade, her acutal head is displayed separately on the second floor. Her skeleton cannot support her head because it is too heavy .

Sue's head Posted by Hello


I read that Rosie O'Donnell has a blog. I miss her talk show, I have alot of catching up to do.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger patti in ontario said…

    I remember seeing Sue with u when I was visiting Chez Paula. She was huge!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home