Brimborion Brew

A mixture of things without value or use

Monday, February 28, 2005

HEY YOU GUYS!

I won the office Oscar pool! I chock it all up to my extensive knowledge of short films and documentaries. Besides winning, my favorite part of the show last night was when they played the clips from when Johnny Carson hosted the Oscars.


"Welcome to the Academy Awards, a glittering two hours of entertainment,
spread out over four hours
." -- Johnny Carson

However, the best Oscar moment ever, of all time, The Streaker!

I'm glad that Morgan Freeman won an Oscar for his role in Million Dollar Baby. However, I'll always remember him for the role I first saw him in. Careful this one is Noisy --> We're Gonna Turn It On... My most vivid memory of that show was the two silhouetted faces looking at each other putting together words. The first face would say the first part of a word like "sh" and then the other face would say the second half of the word "ip" then they would both say "ship" and there was some kind of groovy music in the background. Take a look at the list of people on that show! Pretty soon I'm going to have to change the name of my blog to Reminisce.

Ok, I never watch American Idol, but my TiVo had been sitting idle and it switched to live TV for a minute and what was on was a guy named Bo Bice, he was singing Whipping Post originally done by the Allman Brothers. Wow, he was great! My official prediction, without seeing any of the other contestants is that he will be the winner.

A little bit of business: A new federal law requires that everyone is allowed one free credit report from each of the top agencies. They are rolling out the availability in groups. Tomorrow the upper midwest section (see map on website) will be able to print their credit reports online for free.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the memories! HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYYSSSSS!!!! You sure are saving me time on web surfing. Everything in your blog is entertaining and worth visiting. Congrats on the office pool!

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Kim said…

    Congratulations on your win! As far as the Oscars go, I too was glad Morgan Freeman one, he is such a brilliant actor!

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger patti in ontario said…

    I'm glad u beat out Marc ;)......lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home